- This event has passed.
St. Urho Celebration 2017
March 17 - March 18
Come and join us!
- Clue 1: The medallion is secretly hidden in a location tucked away. It might be high, it might
be low but oh so little snow.
- Clue 2: Highway 71 is mapped thru the city, to follow it would be a pity. The sun shines down so bright, the winter moon can light the night.
- Clue 3: St Urho loves his mojakka, in town you can get it by the bowlful, don’t pass up the flat bread and fiilia sour (yogurt).
2017 St. Urho Celebration
Miss Minnesota 2016 Madeline Van Ert will be attending our St. Urho Celebration with us this year! Click here to enter to win 2 FREE Tickets to Friday Night’s Event.
FRIDAY, March 17, 2017
Entry Fee: $7 in advance, $10 at the door (Pre-school free)
- 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.
Pictures and Autographs with Miss Minnesota — Menahga High School Gym
- 6:30 p.m.
Opening Ceremonies — Menahga High School Gym
Crowning of 2016 St. Urho King and Queen
St. Urho Medallion Winner Presentation
St. Urho Look-Alike Contest
- 7:00 p.m.
Donkey Basketball — Sign your team up ahead of time. Advanced tickets $7 per person. $10 at the door. Preschool kids get in free.
Dairyland Donkey Basketball is offering donkey rides to kids 12 and under when accompanied by an adult. This is going to be during intermission between the 1st and 2nd games. This is available as long as the parent and child have paid admission to the event. Pre-school age kids are free. Coupons to do this will be available at the admission table.
- 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. Happy Hour @ Northbound Spirits
- 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. Burger Night @ VFW
- 6:30 p.m. Meat Raffle @ VFW
- 8:00 p.m. – Close Free Jukebox @ VFW
- 8:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Live Music “The Original Artist” @ Northbound Spirits
SATURDAY, March 18, 2017
- 8:00 – 11:00 a.m. Breakfast and Raffle at the Menahga Community Center
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Miss Minnesota Madeline Van Ert — Menahga Community Center
9:30 a.m. St. Urho Volleyball Tournament — Menahga School Gymnasium(canceled for lack of participants)
- 10:00 – Noon Coffee — Menahga Museum
- 11:00 – Noon Miss Minnesota Madeline Van Ert — Menahga Museum
- 12:00 – 7:00 p.m. Mojakka, Corned Beef & Cabbage @ VFW
- 12:00 High Noon Changing of the Guards -“Nytes of St. Urho” — St. Urho Statue
- 12:20 p.m. St. Urho’s Day Parade — Line-up by the Cottage House Cafe
- 12:20 p.m. Yungbauer Horse Drawn Wagon Rodes — Start at Cottage House Cafe
- 1:00 p.m.
Barstool Races(canceled for lack of snow)
Molkky Games — aka Viking Bowling — Finnish Yard Game for All (prizes awarded)
Human Foosball – All ages welcome with signed permission (Weather Dependent)
- 3:00 p.m. – Meat Raffle @ VFW
- 5:00 p.m. – Bingo @ VFW
- 8:30 p.m. – Live Music @ the Menahga VFW.
- All Day – Grasshopper Drinks, Free Jukebox, and St. Urho T-Shirts @ Northbound Spirits
Mojakka will be served all weekend at the Cottage House Cafe
St. Urho T-Shirts Available at Shell Sport and Bait, Chuck’s Country Foods, C-Store, Ortons and Friday night at Menahga School.