Come and join us for our St. Urho Celebration March 18th and 19th!
#1 St.Urho time where bells will chime. Find the medallion, let’s go, let’s go.
#2 Bells may ring and birds may sing.
#3 Flowers bloom with light from sun and moon
#4 Tracks are made with or without aid
#5 Utensils needed maybe yes maybe no
#6 It might be too icy yet for the birds to bathe
The 2016 medallion was found by Joel Isaacson. Congratulations!
2016 St. Urho Celebration
FRIDAY, March 18, 2016
- 7:00 p.m.
Opening Ceremonies – Menahga High School Gym
Crowning of 2016 St. Urho King and Queen
St. Urho Medallion Winner Presentation
St. Urho Look-Alike Contest
- 7:30 p.m.
Imaginick— As a 5th degree Black Belt, Nick’s skills enhance his talents as a magician. Nick brings fun and excitement to the stage and his ability to relate and interact with people puts him above the rest!
Admission: Adults-$5.00, 12 and under $3 available at the door the evening of the event.
- 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. Burger Night @ VFW
- 6:30 p.m. Meat Raffle @ VFW
- 7:00 p.m. – Close Free Jukebox
SATUDAY, March 19, 2016
- 8:00 – 11:00 a.m. Breakfast and Raffle at the Menahga Community Center
- 9:30 a.m. St. Urho Volleyball Tournament at the Menahga School Gymnasium
- 11:00 – Noon Dog Sled rides by Spirit Lake (Weather Permitting)
- 12:00 – 7:00 p.m. Mojakka, Corned Beef & Cabbage @ VFW
- 12:00 High Noon Changing of the Guards -“Nytes of St. Urho” at the St. Urho Statue
- 12:20 p.m. St. Urho’s Day Parade – Line-up by the Cottage House Cafe
- 1:00 p.m. Barstool Races (Snow Permitting)
Molkky Games — aka Viking Bowling — Finnish Yard Game for All
Human Foosball – All ages welcome with signed permission
- 3:00 p.m. – Meat Raffle @ VFW
- 5:00 p.m. – Bingo @ VFW
- 8:30 p.m. – Live Music “Sketchy at Best” @ the Menahga VFW.
Mojakka will be served all weekend at the Cottage House Cafe
St. Urho T-Shirts Available at Shell Sport and Bait, Chuck’s Country Foods, C-Store, Ortons and Friday night at Menahga School.