- This event has passed.
St. Urho Celebration 2020
March 13 - March 15
Mojakka will be served at the Cottage House Cafe all weekend.
St. Urho Hoodies and Baseball Shirts available all weekend long:
- Shell Sport & Bait
- Lake Country Foods
- BP Orton’s
- Friday night at the Menahga School
- Saturday morning at the Menahga Community Center
Friday, March 13
Admission: St. Urho Button (Buttons available for $5.00 at Shell Sport & Bait and at the event)
- 6:30 pm Opening Ceremonies – Menahga Elementary School Gym & Stage
Crowning 2020 St. Urho King and Queen
St. Urho Medallion Winner Presentation
St. Urho Look-a- Like Contest ($300 in prizes-minimum 4 contestants)
Sign up for the St. Urho look-alike contest. Download the form below:
- 7:00 pm The Wolf Lake Stars Country Music Revue — Get ready to listen to some local talent!
- 9:00 am to Close – Free Jukebox and $2.00 Tap Beer – Northbound Spirits
- 5:00-7:00 pm Horse/Duck Races and Burger Night – VFW
- 6:30 pm Meat Raffle – VFW
MENAHGA HIGH SCHOOL TRAP SHOOTING TEAM
1 st Annual Spring Gun & Cash Raffle
Silent Auction – Bucket Raffle
Location: Menahga VFW Burger Night
5 PM to 8 PM; Drawing at 8:00 PM
Saturday, March 14
- 8:00-11:00 am Pancake Breakfast – Menahga Community Center
- 9:00 am to Close Free Jukebox, Drink Specials & Grasshoppers – Northbound Spirits
- 9:30 am St. Urho Volleyball Tournament – Menahga Elementary Gym
- 11:00 am Bar Opens with Bloody Mary Bar – VFW
- 10:00 am–Noon Coffee & Pulla with Raffle & Bake Sale – Menahga Museum
- 12:00-7:00 pm Food Available – VFW
- Noon Changing of the Guards – “Nytes of St. Urho” at the St. Urho Statue
- 12:20 pm St. Urho’s Day Parade – Line-up by the Cottage House Café
- 12:30-2:30 pm Sled Dog Rides at Football Field—True North Sled Dog Kennel owned by the Grangroth Sisters
- 1:00 pm Molkky Games-aka Viking Bowling-Finnish Yard Game-Free for all ages
- 1:00 pm Horse/Duck Races at Menahga VFW
- 3:00 pm Meat Raffle at VFW
- 5:00 pm Bingo at VFW
- 8:00-12:00 pm M C Karaoke at the Menahga VFW.
CALLING ALL VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS: Get ready for another St. Urho Tournament on Saturday beginning at 9:30 a.m. As in the past, it will be held in the Menahga High School Gym with mixed teams of 4-6 players, and a maximum of 10 total teams. Please contact Jamie Harsha at (218) 252-3113 or e-mail: [email protected] for more information or to register. Changing of the Guard at nigh noon, parade, and festivities!
St. Urho’s Day is March 16 so it’s medallion hunt time. We will be posting one new clue each week. Contact Jan at Jan’s Hair Attitude when you find the medallion for your reward.
- Clue #1: East or west you go. I’m not buried under the snow. I’m on public
- Clue #2: The stars reflect off the lake thru the trees to where I reside.
- Clue #3: Within my heart the sounds of spirit lake fill my soul
- Clue #4: A sign of the times tears are falling like rain.
- Clue #5: Come one come all the cross is calling to all.
- Clue #6: To tempt me if the devil will, complaint upon me making.